Mar 27, 2011

Better Single Than Sorry ...

There is something about the number 30 that strikes fear into any woman hoping to get married and have children. I think It's dangerous to put a specific age or period of time dating on when you "should get married". Doing so only leads you to follow some imaginary deadline which leads to trouble. Too early and you might pass up on the perfect love, or force yourself to marry someone who isn't right to meet that deadline, or start feeling bad and knocking yourself because you are "already 30 and unmarried!" or some other crap like that.
Now I am 28 years old, and I don’t even think of getting married. Is that an embarrassing thing when you're still single while all of your friends already married & have a kid?? Gee.... people need to have freedom to grow.
There is no age that dictates when someone is ready for marriage or kids. Some people find that they are simply happier without marriage or kids. I remember when I passed the age when my parents got married, I defiantly had a feeling of "I should find someone to marry".
Well it happened when I was 25, suddenly I thought about my age & my future, I kept thinking about getting married all the time. In my social life 25 is a prefect age for a women to get married. I’ve been dating several men, but seems none of them impressed me well.So now I’m still single…
I have dreamed about what my wedding will be like since I knew what weddings were, the dress, the rings, the flowers, the party, the presents. Basically yes I know marriage is all sweet and blablabla… 
but the thing is marriage is not only about that right? Marriage is not for trial and error, it is just as important as any major surgery.
There are so many plans that I should prepare likes myself mentally, financially, physical, spirituality, etc & right now I'm not ready to totally commit to one person. Being able to commit to someone is a beautiful thing, but being able and ready is different than doing right...???
I want to have more than enough time after graduating to settle in my career, have a stable job, so able to save, instead of spend, spend, spend. Whether for a home, a vehicle, investments, travel, whatever plans I have for my future.
I believe that it'll be an age where I'm ready, able and willing to get married and bring my children into this world, having the energy and wisdom to educate as well as raise them, after 30 hahahahaa.... LOL
so If you're not ready to get married, don't do it. Ignore the pressure
s around you and just live your life the way you want to. Don’t be afraid of your ticking clock, stop worrying. Have fun. Get passionate about something and HE will find you. And then you'll thank God you waited.


No comments:

Post a Comment